- Late Night Antics March 26
On Tuesday night's Daily Show, Jon Stewart caught up on the fast-moving situation in Crimea. First he talked through what the U.S. and its allies are (and aren't) doing to punish Russian President Vladimir Putin — or "President Boobs Akimbo" — and then he brought on Senior Russia Correspondent Jessica Williams on to explain why none of that matters. The short version, as Williams explained, is that "Putin doesn't give a sh-t."
That sounds flip, crass even, but Williams followed it up with a surprisingly insightful analysis of what makes Putin tick. There's historical analysis, role-playing, and Russian accents, but it still all boils down to the original assessment: Putin doesn't care what you think. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
Subscribe to the Week