- Watch this March 26
First Lady Michelle Obama is on a week-long visit to China, where she's espoused American political values, touted her children's fitness initiatives, and touched, however lightly, on the delicate issue of Tibetan independence. But forget all that, because the most indelible images from the entire trip may be these ones of the FLOTUS meeting a bunch of pandas at Chengdu's Giant Panda Research Base.
If Obama ever needs a new spokesman for the Let's Move! campaign, she could do worse than this hungry little panda dunking an apple slice into its mouth. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Rise of the machines
- 10 things you need to know today: October 20, 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's time to kill school picture day
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
Subscribe to the Week