- Watch this March 26
First Lady Michelle Obama is on a week-long visit to China, where she's espoused American political values, touted her children's fitness initiatives, and touched, however lightly, on the delicate issue of Tibetan independence. But forget all that, because the most indelible images from the entire trip may be these ones of the FLOTUS meeting a bunch of pandas at Chengdu's Giant Panda Research Base.
If Obama ever needs a new spokesman for the Let's Move! campaign, she could do worse than this hungry little panda dunking an apple slice into its mouth. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
Subscribe to the Week