- small town news March 26
Although this Christopher Reeves isn't the real Superman, he was flying high. The Utah man was arrested for speeding down a highway late Tuesday while allegedly under the influence of illegal drugs. The 33-year-old man was busted "performing weaving maneuvers and drawing the attention of deputies," according to a police officer.
A search of Reeves' car revealed a large stash of drugs, including meth, marijuana, and drug paraphernalia. The cops say he had "plenty to distribute around" and charged him with a DUI and narcotics possession. He was booked into a county jail and is going to need a Lois Lane to help him with the $15,000 bail.
"I hope he will live not to regret his choice of T-shirts on this day, but rather his actions," said the sheriff.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week