- small town news March 26
Although this Christopher Reeves isn't the real Superman, he was flying high. The Utah man was arrested for speeding down a highway late Tuesday while allegedly under the influence of illegal drugs. The 33-year-old man was busted "performing weaving maneuvers and drawing the attention of deputies," according to a police officer.
A search of Reeves' car revealed a large stash of drugs, including meth, marijuana, and drug paraphernalia. The cops say he had "plenty to distribute around" and charged him with a DUI and narcotics possession. He was booked into a county jail and is going to need a Lois Lane to help him with the $15,000 bail.
"I hope he will live not to regret his choice of T-shirts on this day, but rather his actions," said the sheriff.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- This week I learned your coin toss odds are better than you think, and more
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
Subscribe to the Week