- This just in March 26
A federal jury in New York on Wednesday found Suleiman Abu Ghaith — Osama bin Laden's son-in-law and a close adviser to the deceased al Qaeda leader — guilty of conspiring to kill Americans. The 48-year-old Ghaith is the highest-ranking bin Laden adviser to be tried in a civilian court in the wake of the September 11 attacks.
Ghaith, who was also found guilty of conspiring to provide material support for terrorists, and for actually providing such support, faces life in prison.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week