- This just in March 26
A federal jury in New York on Wednesday found Suleiman Abu Ghaith — Osama bin Laden's son-in-law and a close adviser to the deceased al Qaeda leader — guilty of conspiring to kill Americans. The 48-year-old Ghaith is the highest-ranking bin Laden adviser to be tried in a civilian court in the wake of the September 11 attacks.
Ghaith, who was also found guilty of conspiring to provide material support for terrorists, and for actually providing such support, faces life in prison.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- California's epic drought
- 10 things you need to know today: September 20, 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- Peter Thiel, and the not-so-secret secret of innovative success
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How Pope Francis could turn out to be a stealth reformer
Subscribe to the Week