- Really? March 26
New season means it's time for a new haircut! North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has reportedly mandated that every man in the isolated country receive the same haircut as their supreme leader. Pyongyang introduced the rule two weeks ago before enforcing it elsewhere, according to media reports.
The new, state-mandated haircut trims away the overwhelming 10 styles men previously could choose from. Not everyone is happy with the cut, however. "It doesn't always go with everyone since everyone has different face and head shapes," complained a source. Others said the new 'do makes citizens look like "Chinese smuggler[s]" and not replicas of Kim.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: September 30, 2014
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- What the Romney boomlet says about the establishment GOP's feeble 2016 field
- Christian conservatives have a terrifying new bogeyman: The Christian leftist
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
Subscribe to the Week