- Coming Soon March 26
Of course Oprah Winfrey had "go on tour" on her bucket list. More specifically, "go on tour, again."
The media mogul has an eight-city tour in the works, with the first stop set for September. "Oprah's The Life You Want Weekend" tour basically sounds like any other self-help seminar, except for the fact that it's fronted by one of the most powerful women in the world. Event highlights include a keynote speech from Winfrey herself on Friday night, followed by group activities and handpicked speakers on Saturday. So far, the Winfrey-approved lineup includes author Elizabeth Gilbert and guru Deepak Chopra.
The tour sounds a lot like one Winfrey completed in 2005; her "Live Your Best Life" tour stopped in three cities, where she dispensed sage life advice and offered up impromptu airport interviews.
What inspired Winfrey to hit the road again? Canada.
Seriously: Winfrey visited our northern neighbors in 2013, and she says that speaking circuit inspired this American iteration. The only downside is that attendees in 18,000-seat arenas aren't likely to walk away with Oprah's Favorite Things — just "empowerment, resilience and authenticity."
Frankly, a new car seems like more of a draw.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 10 things you need to know today: November 21, 2014
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week