- Tech Check March 26
Security concerns have prompted the Russian government to switch from iPads to Samsung tablets. Journalists noticed parliament members recently stopped using the Apple devices, prompting questions as to why Russia dumped the American gadgets.
Russian Minister of Communications Nikolai Nikiforov confirmed to the AFP that the change happened "not so long ago" due to security concerns, but denied that Russia was eliminating the use of American technology products because of recently imposed sanctions by President Obama. Nikiforov also expressed concern about American's spying tactics and added that the Russian government will be "very choosy" about its technology purchases.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How I lost all my money
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
Subscribe to the Week