- Tech Check March 26
Security concerns have prompted the Russian government to switch from iPads to Samsung tablets. Journalists noticed parliament members recently stopped using the Apple devices, prompting questions as to why Russia dumped the American gadgets.
Russian Minister of Communications Nikolai Nikiforov confirmed to the AFP that the change happened "not so long ago" due to security concerns, but denied that Russia was eliminating the use of American technology products because of recently imposed sanctions by President Obama. Nikiforov also expressed concern about American's spying tactics and added that the Russian government will be "very choosy" about its technology purchases.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week