- we dare you to eat it March 26
So House Speaker John Boehner was probably just tapping into that when he sent Pelosi three pints of Graeter's Gelato for her birthday today. After all, picking out presents for people is tough, especially when it's one for your political opposite.
Or, maybe there was an ever-so-small bit of trolling afoot, from one Catholic to another:
No word on whether Pelosi actually gave up chocolate for Lent, but if she did, at least she can dig in to the gelato in less than a month.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to survive a spaceship disaster
- Head to head: Wild vs. supermarket turkeys
Subscribe to the Week