- we dare you to eat it March 26
So House Speaker John Boehner was probably just tapping into that when he sent Pelosi three pints of Graeter's Gelato for her birthday today. After all, picking out presents for people is tough, especially when it's one for your political opposite.
Or, maybe there was an ever-so-small bit of trolling afoot, from one Catholic to another:
No word on whether Pelosi actually gave up chocolate for Lent, but if she did, at least she can dig in to the gelato in less than a month.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Germany has a serious wolf problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- There's a raging Islamic insurgency in Thailand's strangest party town
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The 5 biggest tech stories of 2014
- Why we can't educate racism away
- How I lost all my money
- The best TV shows we watched in 2014
- How Sonia Sotomayor became the Supreme Court's preeminent defender of civil liberties
Subscribe to the Week