- 2014 Watch March 26
Alabama Republican congressional candidate Will Brooke wants voters to know where he stands on the big issues of the day: ObamaCare and guns. And what better way to convey his message than by blowing a copy of ObamaCare to smithereens with a bunch of guns?
So, a la Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.V.) — who infamously shot up a cap and trade bill in a 2010 campaign ad — Brooke took a thick copy of ObamaCare out to the gun range for some target practice. One problem: Brooke couldn't quite blow the law to bits. But lucky for him, he, like all great hunters, had a wood chipper at the ready to finish the job. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
Subscribe to the Week