- 2014 Watch March 26
Alabama Republican congressional candidate Will Brooke wants voters to know where he stands on the big issues of the day: ObamaCare and guns. And what better way to convey his message than by blowing a copy of ObamaCare to smithereens with a bunch of guns?
So, a la Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.V.) — who infamously shot up a cap and trade bill in a 2010 campaign ad — Brooke took a thick copy of ObamaCare out to the gun range for some target practice. One problem: Brooke couldn't quite blow the law to bits. But lucky for him, he, like all great hunters, had a wood chipper at the ready to finish the job. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- America is building a Sunni army in Iraq to take on the Islamic State
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- What the media gets wrong about Jeb Bush
Subscribe to the Week