- 2014 Watch March 26
Alabama Republican congressional candidate Will Brooke wants voters to know where he stands on the big issues of the day: ObamaCare and guns. And what better way to convey his message than by blowing a copy of ObamaCare to smithereens with a bunch of guns?
So, a la Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.V.) — who infamously shot up a cap and trade bill in a 2010 campaign ad — Brooke took a thick copy of ObamaCare out to the gun range for some target practice. One problem: Brooke couldn't quite blow the law to bits. But lucky for him, he, like all great hunters, had a wood chipper at the ready to finish the job. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week