- Listen Up March 26
Tired of the relentlessly joyful funk Pharrell channels on his Oscar-nominated smash hit "Happy"? If you'd like to enjoy Pharrell's smooth vocals but prefer shedding a tear to busting a move, this wistful, string-laden remix of the song from musician-director Woodkid should do the trick. The resulting track is stripped down yet tinged with cinematic sadness.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Rise of the machines
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week