- Ouch March 27
While waiting for a tow truck, Efron allegedly threw a glass bottle with unidentified liquid onto the street. Transients in the area thought he was throwing it at them, and the altercation escalated into a full-blown melee before cops were able to step in. The fight ended with Efron getting "violently socked in the mouth." No arrests were made.
A TMZ source said the troubled actor was "obviously intoxicated," but the LAPD has few details about what actually transpired.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
Subscribe to the Week