- Late Night Antics March 28
When E! announced that it is unleashing a new Kardashian reality show on the world this summer, the Sturm und Drang was predictable, possibly even justified, but also slightly annoying — there would be no Kardashian shows if people didn't watch Kardashian shows. So credit to Jimmy Kimmel for making his revulsion — with the exception of an unnecessary dig at Bruce Jenner — funny.
Without further ado, the Kardashian conquest of America as a PBS war documentary. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- How I lost all my money
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- The best books we read in 2014
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to wrap a present with mathematical precision (and waste less paper)
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
Subscribe to the Week