- Watch this March 28
If you're not familiar with "Princeton Mom" Susan Patton, here's the short version: She gained infamy by writing a letter to the young women attending her alma mater (Princeton) urging the "daughters I never had" to ignore the feminists and find their husbands at Princeton, possibly her sons (also at Princeton), before they graduate into a world filled with lesser men and younger women. She turned that into a book deal and a circuit around the nation's TV studios. She was ripe for a Daily Show segment.
On Thursday night, Patton finally got the Jon Stewart treatment. Which is good and all, but The Daily Show did one better, tacking on an abrasively funny take-down from Kristen Schaal. If Patton's "men are terrible creatures — get one as soon as you can" message (Schaal's phrasing) isn't absurd enough, Schaal takes it to its logical conclusion. It isn't pretty, but it's pretty amusing. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week