- Watch this March 28
If you're not familiar with "Princeton Mom" Susan Patton, here's the short version: She gained infamy by writing a letter to the young women attending her alma mater (Princeton) urging the "daughters I never had" to ignore the feminists and find their husbands at Princeton, possibly her sons (also at Princeton), before they graduate into a world filled with lesser men and younger women. She turned that into a book deal and a circuit around the nation's TV studios. She was ripe for a Daily Show segment.
On Thursday night, Patton finally got the Jon Stewart treatment. Which is good and all, but The Daily Show did one better, tacking on an abrasively funny take-down from Kristen Schaal. If Patton's "men are terrible creatures — get one as soon as you can" message (Schaal's phrasing) isn't absurd enough, Schaal takes it to its logical conclusion. It isn't pretty, but it's pretty amusing. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
Subscribe to the Week