- Watch this March 28
If you're not familiar with "Princeton Mom" Susan Patton, here's the short version: She gained infamy by writing a letter to the young women attending her alma mater (Princeton) urging the "daughters I never had" to ignore the feminists and find their husbands at Princeton, possibly her sons (also at Princeton), before they graduate into a world filled with lesser men and younger women. She turned that into a book deal and a circuit around the nation's TV studios. She was ripe for a Daily Show segment.
On Thursday night, Patton finally got the Jon Stewart treatment. Which is good and all, but The Daily Show did one better, tacking on an abrasively funny take-down from Kristen Schaal. If Patton's "men are terrible creatures — get one as soon as you can" message (Schaal's phrasing) isn't absurd enough, Schaal takes it to its logical conclusion. It isn't pretty, but it's pretty amusing. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- California's epic drought
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
Subscribe to the Week