- Burning questions March 28
If you want to know how safe hydraulic fracturing — or fracking — is, here are two options: You can read the reports put out by the companies that use (and profit mightily from) the controversial technique to extract natural gas from hard-to-reach places, or you can talk to the people who live near and above fracking sites. The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi does both. They report, you decide, right? --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
Subscribe to the Week