- meet cute March 28
Here's your feel-good moment for Friday afternoon.
The Humane Society International said 10 stray dogs from Sochi landed safely at Dulles Airport on Thursday afternoon. The Washington Animal Rescue League is working to set up adoptions for the pups, who were saved by animal rights activists after reports began circulating during the Sochi Olympics that Russian authorities were killing stray dogs to "clean up" the city.
More dogs are expected to arrive from Russia in the coming weeks, but until then, feast your eyes on these little buddies, fresh off the plane and ready to greet new families. -- Sarah Eberspacher
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week