- Whoa March 30
Since assuming control of the Catholic church last year, Pope Francis has made a habit of breaking with his predecessors. And in the latest such incident, the pope stunned those inside St. Peter's Basilica on Friday when he publicly confessed his sins to a priest during that day's service.
After reading a sermon at the service, the Pope was supposed to go hear other people's confessions. However, he instead walked over to a very surprised priest and confessed to him for several minutes. The Pope regularly goes to confession, according to Reuters, though never in public.
Here's the video, courtesy of the Catholic News Service:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to live a long life, according to science
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
Why is Obama still smoking?
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week