- March Madness March 30
President Obama's bracket is busted.
The UConn Huskies knocked off Michigan State Sunday to advance to the Final Four. It's the Huskies' first trip to the national semifinal since they won it all in 2011. More than that though, pretty much no one saw the serendipitous win coming. Every single ESPN analyst picked Michigan State to win the tournament.
President Obama also had the Spartans winning another title, and two of his other Final Four picks — Louisville and Arizona — have been eliminated, too. Obama did at least call Florida right.
And speaking of Florida, the Gators lost two games all year, to UConn and Wisconsin. They'll play UConn next, and could face Wisconsin in the final.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
Subscribe to the Week