- Oops March 31
HealthCare.gov was inaccessible for several hours early Monday, the same day that enrollment ends for those wanting to buy health insurance plans covered by the Affordable Care Act. The site was closed between 3 a.m. ET and 8:30 a.m. due to an overnight maintenance session deployed to fix a bug, according to Business Insider.
Visitors who tried accessing the website during the wee hours were greeted with a "system is not available" banner and told to leave their email address for updates. A spokesperson said its regular maintenance window was longer than normal in preparation for today's demand. The website appears to now be fully operational.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- One girl's extraordinarily wild world
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week