- Oops March 31
HealthCare.gov was inaccessible for several hours early Monday, the same day that enrollment ends for those wanting to buy health insurance plans covered by the Affordable Care Act. The site was closed between 3 a.m. ET and 8:30 a.m. due to an overnight maintenance session deployed to fix a bug, according to Business Insider.
Visitors who tried accessing the website during the wee hours were greeted with a "system is not available" banner and told to leave their email address for updates. A spokesperson said its regular maintenance window was longer than normal in preparation for today's demand. The website appears to now be fully operational.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
Subscribe to the Week