- Living Large March 31
Lightning can strike twice, even three times — and so can good luck at the lottery.
Calvin and Zatera Spencer were thrilled when they hit the Powerball jackpot with a $1 million win earlier this month. But their newfound wealth didn't stop them from continuing to try their luck. Just two weeks later, the Virginia couple scored $50,000 in a Pick 4 game. The Spencers turned their string of wins into a lottery hat-trick a day later, when they netted another $1 million from a scratcher.
With three big wins under their belt, the Spencers say they'll keep playing out their lucky streak. "We're not finished yet," Calvin Spencer told the Daily Press. --Samantha Rollins
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Rise of the machines
- 10 things you need to know today: October 19, 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How ISIS gets its hostages
- Ban PowerPoint!
- It's time to kill school picture day
Subscribe to the Week