- Living Large March 31
Lightning can strike twice, even three times — and so can good luck at the lottery.
Calvin and Zatera Spencer were thrilled when they hit the Powerball jackpot with a $1 million win earlier this month. But their newfound wealth didn't stop them from continuing to try their luck. Just two weeks later, the Virginia couple scored $50,000 in a Pick 4 game. The Spencers turned their string of wins into a lottery hat-trick a day later, when they netted another $1 million from a scratcher.
With three big wins under their belt, the Spencers say they'll keep playing out their lucky streak. "We're not finished yet," Calvin Spencer told the Daily Press. --Samantha Rollins
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 10 things you need to know today: September 30, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Obama's politically lethal credibility problem
Subscribe to the Week