- Second Acts March 31
The King of Pop may no longer be with us, but his record label has taken the liberty of digging through his archives to offer up some new, unreleased material. Epic Records CEO L.A. Reid is planning the release of XSCAPE, a new eight-song album of Jackson vocals "contemporized" by top-notch producers.
Reid, who was given access to Jackson's archives by his estate, chose eight previously unreleased tracks with completed Jackson vocals to send to lead producer Timbaland, who added a "fresh, contemporary sound" with the help of producers Rodney Jerkins, Stargate, Jerome 'Jroc' Harmon, and John McClain.
"Michael left behind some musical performances that we take great pride in presenting through the vision of music producers that he either worked directly with or expressed strong desire to work with," Reid said in a press release. "We are extremely proud and honored to present this music to the world."
XSCAPE is out May 13.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
Subscribe to the Week