- Oops March 31
Numbers don't lie... unless you twist them woefully out of context. Case in point: Fox News' America's Newsroom on Monday displayed the following chart, flagged by the folks over at Media Matters, that appeared to show ObamaCare failing miserably at its goal of attracting 7 million enrollees:
Though the Y axis isn't labeled, it's safe to assume it starts somewhere around 6 million, and not zero. A more accurate representation of the difference would look something like this:
And in case you were wondering: No, this is not the first time Fox has had trouble with graphical representations of numbers.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week