- Living Large March 31
Pharrell Williams just can't lose. The singer and songwriter is set to join The Voice this fall when the show returns for its seventh season; he'll replace original coach CeeLo Green.
Over the past year, you'd be hard pressed to turn the radio on and not hear Williams — he had his own solo hit, "Happy," as well as the collaborations "Get Lucky" with Daft Punk and "Blurred Lines" with Robin Thicke — so it no surprise that NBC jumped at the chance to have him join the talent competition. "His dominance in record sales in 2014, coupled with his incomparable accomplishments in the world of fashion and design, make him an irresistible addition to The Voice family," says Paul Telegdy, the head of alternative and late night programming for NBC Entertainment.
NBC hasn't announced yet whether Christina Aguilera, Adam Levine, and Blake Shelton will return to the show next season.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week