- Watch this April 1
It's starting to seem as though Londoners don't know how to take care of their luxury vehicles. The owner of $500,000 Lamborghini Aventador was involved in a pricey pileup in one of the city's poshest neighborhoods. In a video of the crash, captured by a bystander, the driver careens through the streets and smashes into a parked BMW and an oncoming Mazda sedan.
The souped-up sports car has a reputation. Londoners have previously seen it with flames shooting out of its trunk, but this time the car was "reduced to a sorry state" and suffered major damage. No matter, though! "The owner seemed young and was with a group of friends after the crash who all seemed relaxed bearing in mind the wreckage on the road," a witness said. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
Subscribe to the Week