- Listen Up April 2
Why would you ask Samuel L. Jackson to recite a beat-style poem about the 1993-2000 ABC sitcom Boy Meets World? That would be a great question to ask Jimmy Fallon (isn't the upcoming sequel, Girl Meets World, on a rival network?) or Jackson himself (he's promoting a new Captain America movie, right?) — but ultimately it doesn't matter: Jackson's performance, on Tuesday night's Tonight Show, is answer enough.
Never seen Boy Meets World? It doesn't really matter. The Tonight Show could have done this with any 1990s sitcom — and hopefully will. James Earl Jones poetically recapping Friends? Bruce Willis doing Freaks and Geeks? How about Sarah Silverman waxing poetic about Family of Five? Any other suggestions? --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be a moral internet citizen on the often-immoral internet
- 10 things you need to know today: September 22, 2014
Subscribe to the Week