- Really? April 11
You may have heard of the abomination that is human cheese, but it turns out that animal-based cheeses can be just as disgusting.
The Torgovii Dom-Siri cheese factory in Siberia was recently closed when a photo of factory employees taking a naked milk bath hit the internet. According to employee Artem Romanov, they were celebrating an employee's birthday.
The factory's lawyers claim that the incriminating photo is not of the milk used in cheese-making, but a "watery by-product not used in food production." However, investigators allege that the makeshift hot-tub was indeed filled with raw milk.
According to the U.K.'s Orange News, "workers appearing in the photo will also have to be tested for diseases, including STDs, that might have been passed on to cheese customers." That's certainly one reason to embrace veganism. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Rise of the machines
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Uncle Sam wants you to stay away from these countries
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why the rise of cosplay is a bad sign for the U.S. economy
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week