- #Easter April 20
Pope Francis on Sunday delivered an Easter blessing to an estimated crowd of 150,000 in St. Peter's Square, using the address to call for peace around the world. And in a sign of the times, the Pope — or whomever runs his social media presence — marked the holiday with a simple tweet.
Christ is risen! Alleluia!— Pope Francis (@Pontifex) April 20, 2014
And though Pope Francis did not, as he did last week, follow up his appearance by posing for selfies with those gathered in the square, he did give a thumbs up to the crowd. Quite the modern papacy indeed.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
Paul Allen's 'bitter' Bill-Gates-bashing memoir
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- Why the West should accept ISIS as a sovereign nation
- 8 ways you're probably overspending without even realizing it
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
Subscribe to the Week