- #Easter April 20
Pope Francis on Sunday delivered an Easter blessing to an estimated crowd of 150,000 in St. Peter's Square, using the address to call for peace around the world. And in a sign of the times, the Pope — or whomever runs his social media presence — marked the holiday with a simple tweet.
Christ is risen! Alleluia!— Pope Francis (@Pontifex) April 20, 2014
And though Pope Francis did not, as he did last week, follow up his appearance by posing for selfies with those gathered in the square, he did give a thumbs up to the crowd. Quite the modern papacy indeed.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- The constant struggle of running a family farm in 21st century America
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- How to stop misogynists from terrorizing the world of gamers
Subscribe to the Week