- #Easter April 20
Pope Francis on Sunday delivered an Easter blessing to an estimated crowd of 150,000 in St. Peter's Square, using the address to call for peace around the world. And in a sign of the times, the Pope — or whomever runs his social media presence — marked the holiday with a simple tweet.
Christ is risen! Alleluia!— Pope Francis (@Pontifex) April 20, 2014
And though Pope Francis did not, as he did last week, follow up his appearance by posing for selfies with those gathered in the square, he did give a thumbs up to the crowd. Quite the modern papacy indeed.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- The danger of the Democrats' lack of desperation
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
Subscribe to the Week