- Mom! April 21
All parents have quirky strategies for getting their kids to behave, and the president and first lady are no exception. In an interview with Michael Strahan, co-host of Live with Kelly and Michael, Michelle Obama shared her secret for keeping daughters, Malia (15) and Sasha (12), on their best behavior. The first lady joked, "If they're like looking a little, you know, uninvolved in an event, I'll just lean over and be like, "If you don't smile, I'm gonna start dancin'... And Barack is like, I'm gonna sing, I'm gonna start singin'. Here I go. Here I go.'"
It just goes to show that not even the first daughters can escape embarrassing parents.
In the interview, Michelle Obama also discussed the White House's annual Easter Egg Roll, how the family spends time together, and who will eventually teach Malia and Sasha how to drive. --Kaitlin Roberts
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Rise of the machines
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's time to kill school picture day
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
- Ban PowerPoint!
Subscribe to the Week