- small town news April 29
See what you've done, Miley? Police in the Oregon city of Beaverton arrested three women Monday for "twerking" in front of the town's city hall. KPTV-TV reports that after Coura Valazquez showed up at court to pay a fine for a warrant, she and two friends celebrated by twerking in front of the building's windows, exposing their genitals, and peeing on cars.
One of the women filmed the entire routine with her cell phone, the Fox affiliate reports. All three were arrested for disorderly conduct.
But then it only got worse: Police discovered prescription drugs and marijuana in one of the suspects' cars. The other two women also had rap sheets for possession of cocaine and methamphetamines. All three were put in a county jail.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to stop Black Thursday — and still score that big screen
Subscribe to the Week