- small town news April 29
See what you've done, Miley? Police in the Oregon city of Beaverton arrested three women Monday for "twerking" in front of the town's city hall. KPTV-TV reports that after Coura Valazquez showed up at court to pay a fine for a warrant, she and two friends celebrated by twerking in front of the building's windows, exposing their genitals, and peeing on cars.
One of the women filmed the entire routine with her cell phone, the Fox affiliate reports. All three were arrested for disorderly conduct.
But then it only got worse: Police discovered prescription drugs and marijuana in one of the suspects' cars. The other two women also had rap sheets for possession of cocaine and methamphetamines. All three were put in a county jail.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week