- Free stuff May 2
For the past 12 years, thousands of comic book shops around the world have designated the first Saturday in May "Free Comic Book Day" — a magical time when anyone can walk into their friendly neighborhood comic book shop and wander away with at least one free issue. (Yes, 100 percent free. Really.)
This year's lineup of free comics includes a number of titles featuring popular characters, including Archie, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Transformers vs. G.I. Joe. There are also some intriguing obscurities, including a comic version of Les Miserables, a steampunk riff on Star Wars, and a comic-book history of Japan. You can read a full list of the 60 free titles that will be available here.
Interested? Go to Free Comic Book Day's official website to locate all the participating comic book stores in your ZIP code. Happy reading!- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- The super-rich are just as miserable as the rest of us
Subscribe to the Week