- That's Some Bad Herb May 2
The Austin-American Statesman reports that 17 people are being treated after they overdosed on a strain of synthetic marijuana dubbed "K2."
As of 3 p.m., Austin-Travis County EMS had treated 17 people in the past 55 hours for health issues related to the use of the drug. Some had seizures while others lost consciousness. Many became disoriented, and EMS said some became violent. [The Austin-American Statesman]
There are suspicions that the drug — which is usually made by spraying feel-good chemicals on herbs — may have been laced with something a little stronger than THC.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- 10 things you need to know today: August 23, 2014
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- Today in history: Lincoln reveals the real goal of the Civil War
Subscribe to the Week