- 10 points for gryffindor May 13
When Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 hit theaters in 2011, most fans assumed they'd seen the last of Harry, Ron, and Hermione's big-screen adventures. But stars Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, and Emma Watson have reunited for one last filmed adventure: special footage that will be shown exclusively during the new ride "Harry Potter and the Escape From Gringotts," which is set to open at Universal Studios Orlando this summer.
"They'll be there! It's quite exciting. They're regrouping for one last adventure," said art director Alan Gilmore in an interview with MTV News. "It's all new, it's a brand new film. And it's absolutely film quality, involving the films' team: a merging of the film team and the Universal production team." Several other major Harry Potter characters — including Griphook, Voldemort, and Bellatrix Lestrange — will also appear during the ride.
That's not the only major piece of news for Harry Potter fans today. Warner Bros. has announced that Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them — an all-new adventure set in the Harry Potter universe, with a screenplay by J.K. Rowling — will hit theaters on November 18, 2016.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Russia's new air force is a mystery
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Captain Blackadder really did fight in World War I
Subscribe to the Week