- 10 points for gryffindor May 13
When Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 hit theaters in 2011, most fans assumed they'd seen the last of Harry, Ron, and Hermione's big-screen adventures. But stars Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, and Emma Watson have reunited for one last filmed adventure: special footage that will be shown exclusively during the new ride "Harry Potter and the Escape From Gringotts," which is set to open at Universal Studios Orlando this summer.
"They'll be there! It's quite exciting. They're regrouping for one last adventure," said art director Alan Gilmore in an interview with MTV News. "It's all new, it's a brand new film. And it's absolutely film quality, involving the films' team: a merging of the film team and the Universal production team." Several other major Harry Potter characters — including Griphook, Voldemort, and Bellatrix Lestrange — will also appear during the ride.
That's not the only major piece of news for Harry Potter fans today. Warner Bros. has announced that Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them — an all-new adventure set in the Harry Potter universe, with a screenplay by J.K. Rowling — will hit theaters on November 18, 2016.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: November 28, 2014
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
Subscribe to the Week