- Late Night Antics May 14
There are some advantages to hiring a late-night host from Saturday Night Live, especially the former head writer. One of them is Seth Meyers' Rolodex (OK, smartphone contact list) and long relationships with SNL stars past and present. Another, apparently, is his collection of old SNL skits that never made it on the air. Late Night's Second Chance Theater — just what it sounds like — combines the best of both assets. With the inaugural skit, "Jennjamin Franklin," you can see why it maybe didn't make the cut, but it's fun to see Will Forte, Jason Sudeikis, and Fred Armisen back together for some vaguely uncomfortable absurdity. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
Subscribe to the Week