- Late Night Antics May 14
There are some advantages to hiring a late-night host from Saturday Night Live, especially the former head writer. One of them is Seth Meyers' Rolodex (OK, smartphone contact list) and long relationships with SNL stars past and present. Another, apparently, is his collection of old SNL skits that never made it on the air. Late Night's Second Chance Theater — just what it sounds like — combines the best of both assets. With the inaugural skit, "Jennjamin Franklin," you can see why it maybe didn't make the cut, but it's fun to see Will Forte, Jason Sudeikis, and Fred Armisen back together for some vaguely uncomfortable absurdity. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The girl who wouldn't die
- California's epic drought
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week