- Poetry May 14
It seems that before comedy legend Carl Reiner helped create the Dick Van Dyke Show and had a hand in launching Steve Martin's career with The Jerk, he dabbled in poetry. On Arsenio Tuesday night, Reiner staged the TV debut of a poem he wrote in 1942, "Ode to the Buttocks Bountiful." It's pretty much what it sounds like — he likes big butts and he cannot lie. Host Arsenio Hall cut to the chase: When it comes to declaring our love for ample derrières, forget race: "We're all one." Racism, solved? Other -isms? Well.... --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Surviving a plane crash
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week