- Poetry May 14
It seems that before comedy legend Carl Reiner helped create the Dick Van Dyke Show and had a hand in launching Steve Martin's career with The Jerk, he dabbled in poetry. On Arsenio Tuesday night, Reiner staged the TV debut of a poem he wrote in 1942, "Ode to the Buttocks Bountiful." It's pretty much what it sounds like — he likes big butts and he cannot lie. Host Arsenio Hall cut to the chase: When it comes to declaring our love for ample derrières, forget race: "We're all one." Racism, solved? Other -isms? Well.... --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
Subscribe to the Week