- shine bright May 14
A massive 100-carat yellow diamond sold for a record-breaking $16.3 million at a Sotheby's auction in Geneva. One of most prized and rarest stones in the world, the Graff Vivid Yellow was sold to an undisclosed private buyer to a private vendor, reports Reuters.
Despite the record, the purchase fell short of Sotheby's expectations — it was expected to fetch upwards of $24 million. At least it looks great on a ring. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Game of Thrones is making a huge mistake by cutting Lady Stoneheart
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How to make classic pulled pork
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
Subscribe to the Week