- Go Go Godzilla May 14
It's been 10 years since a new Godzilla was released, but the long wait is almost over: In just a few days, moviegoers across the globe will get to see the legendary giant lizard emerge from the ocean to wreak havoc once again in Legendary's big-budget franchise reboot Godzilla.
The new Godzilla is getting very promising reviews — but before you embrace the big-budget revamp of the monster, why not take one last trip through his long, violent, rubber-suited history? Yoko Higuchi's "Godzilla: 60 Years of Destruction" offers a look back at some of the most memorable moments from Toho's 28 Godzilla movies. From the giant lizard's debut in the 1954 original to his decades of tussles with King Kong, Mothra, Ghidorah, Mechagodzilla, and more, this impressive tribute video proves that proves that Godzilla is still the King of the Monsters. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- 10 things you need to know today: July 26, 2014
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
Subscribe to the Week