- Go Go Godzilla May 14
It's been 10 years since a new Godzilla was released, but the long wait is almost over: In just a few days, moviegoers across the globe will get to see the legendary giant lizard emerge from the ocean to wreak havoc once again in Legendary's big-budget franchise reboot Godzilla.
The new Godzilla is getting very promising reviews — but before you embrace the big-budget revamp of the monster, why not take one last trip through his long, violent, rubber-suited history? Yoko Higuchi's "Godzilla: 60 Years of Destruction" offers a look back at some of the most memorable moments from Toho's 28 Godzilla movies. From the giant lizard's debut in the 1954 original to his decades of tussles with King Kong, Mothra, Ghidorah, Mechagodzilla, and more, this impressive tribute video proves that proves that Godzilla is still the King of the Monsters. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Adam Sandler's 'Thanksgiving Song': Explaining the 22-year-old tune's pop-culture references
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- 13 vegetarian dishes for Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week