- Go Go Godzilla May 14
It's been 10 years since a new Godzilla was released, but the long wait is almost over: In just a few days, moviegoers across the globe will get to see the legendary giant lizard emerge from the ocean to wreak havoc once again in Legendary's big-budget franchise reboot Godzilla.
The new Godzilla is getting very promising reviews — but before you embrace the big-budget revamp of the monster, why not take one last trip through his long, violent, rubber-suited history? Yoko Higuchi's "Godzilla: 60 Years of Destruction" offers a look back at some of the most memorable moments from Toho's 28 Godzilla movies. From the giant lizard's debut in the 1954 original to his decades of tussles with King Kong, Mothra, Ghidorah, Mechagodzilla, and more, this impressive tribute video proves that proves that Godzilla is still the King of the Monsters. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
Subscribe to the Week