- Go Go Godzilla May 14
It's been 10 years since a new Godzilla was released, but the long wait is almost over: In just a few days, moviegoers across the globe will get to see the legendary giant lizard emerge from the ocean to wreak havoc once again in Legendary's big-budget franchise reboot Godzilla.
The new Godzilla is getting very promising reviews — but before you embrace the big-budget revamp of the monster, why not take one last trip through his long, violent, rubber-suited history? Yoko Higuchi's "Godzilla: 60 Years of Destruction" offers a look back at some of the most memorable moments from Toho's 28 Godzilla movies. From the giant lizard's debut in the 1954 original to his decades of tussles with King Kong, Mothra, Ghidorah, Mechagodzilla, and more, this impressive tribute video proves that proves that Godzilla is still the King of the Monsters. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: September 19, 2014
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
Subscribe to the Week