- Go Go Godzilla May 14
It's been 10 years since a new Godzilla was released, but the long wait is almost over: In just a few days, moviegoers across the globe will get to see the legendary giant lizard emerge from the ocean to wreak havoc once again in Legendary's big-budget franchise reboot Godzilla.
The new Godzilla is getting very promising reviews — but before you embrace the big-budget revamp of the monster, why not take one last trip through his long, violent, rubber-suited history? Yoko Higuchi's "Godzilla: 60 Years of Destruction" offers a look back at some of the most memorable moments from Toho's 28 Godzilla movies. From the giant lizard's debut in the 1954 original to his decades of tussles with King Kong, Mothra, Ghidorah, Mechagodzilla, and more, this impressive tribute video proves that proves that Godzilla is still the King of the Monsters. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week