- Quotables May 14
Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) is a consistent, vocal hawk, so it's not surprising to see that he told The Daily Beast's Josh Rogin that, as president, he would send troops to Nigeria "without permission of the host country" to rescue the kidnapped schoolgirls. What is surprising, though, is his less-than-diplomatic way of referring to the leader of Africa's most populous nation.
"I wouldn't be waiting for some kind of permission from some guy named Goodluck Jonathan," he said.
Some guy named Barack Obama has already sent a team of military and intelligence operatives to Nigeria to aid in the search.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Surviving a plane crash
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi: The man who would be caliph
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Everything you need to master Chinese cooking
- Ted Cruz and the most cynical, despicable political stunt of the year
- When men who abstain from pre-marital sex get married
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
Subscribe to the Week