- Quotables May 14
Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) is a consistent, vocal hawk, so it's not surprising to see that he told The Daily Beast's Josh Rogin that, as president, he would send troops to Nigeria "without permission of the host country" to rescue the kidnapped schoolgirls. What is surprising, though, is his less-than-diplomatic way of referring to the leader of Africa's most populous nation.
"I wouldn't be waiting for some kind of permission from some guy named Goodluck Jonathan," he said.
Some guy named Barack Obama has already sent a team of military and intelligence operatives to Nigeria to aid in the search.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- The impossibility of the night shift
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- The constant struggle of running a family farm in 21st century America
Subscribe to the Week