- Quotables May 14
Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) is a consistent, vocal hawk, so it's not surprising to see that he told The Daily Beast's Josh Rogin that, as president, he would send troops to Nigeria "without permission of the host country" to rescue the kidnapped schoolgirls. What is surprising, though, is his less-than-diplomatic way of referring to the leader of Africa's most populous nation.
"I wouldn't be waiting for some kind of permission from some guy named Goodluck Jonathan," he said.
Some guy named Barack Obama has already sent a team of military and intelligence operatives to Nigeria to aid in the search.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
Subscribe to the Week