- Quotables May 14
Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) is a consistent, vocal hawk, so it's not surprising to see that he told The Daily Beast's Josh Rogin that, as president, he would send troops to Nigeria "without permission of the host country" to rescue the kidnapped schoolgirls. What is surprising, though, is his less-than-diplomatic way of referring to the leader of Africa's most populous nation.
"I wouldn't be waiting for some kind of permission from some guy named Goodluck Jonathan," he said.
Some guy named Barack Obama has already sent a team of military and intelligence operatives to Nigeria to aid in the search.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week