- Who's a bad dog? May 14
A new video proves that dogs aren't humans' only best friends.
A young boy was playing outside his home in Bakersfield, California, when a neighbor's dog bit his leg and attacked his bike. The family cat, Tara, rushed outside and chased the dog away to protect the child. The boy's father, Roger Triantafilo, posted a video of the cat's heroic actions to YouTube this morning with the caption "Thankfully, my son is fine!"
The boy needed several stitches and is currently recovering from the attack, the boy's mother, Erika Triantafilo, told KERO-TV. She also said the dog is currently in observation regarding the attack, and Metro reports that the neighbor has voluntarily quarantined the dog. Check out the video below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- 7 common estate-planning mistakes
- 10 ways to gain real superpowers that will change your life
Subscribe to the Week