- Who's a bad dog? May 14
A new video proves that dogs aren't humans' only best friends.
A young boy was playing outside his home in Bakersfield, California, when a neighbor's dog bit his leg and attacked his bike. The family cat, Tara, rushed outside and chased the dog away to protect the child. The boy's father, Roger Triantafilo, posted a video of the cat's heroic actions to YouTube this morning with the caption "Thankfully, my son is fine!"
The boy needed several stitches and is currently recovering from the attack, the boy's mother, Erika Triantafilo, told KERO-TV. She also said the dog is currently in observation regarding the attack, and Metro reports that the neighbor has voluntarily quarantined the dog. Check out the video below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week