- Who's a bad dog? May 14
A new video proves that dogs aren't humans' only best friends.
A young boy was playing outside his home in Bakersfield, California, when a neighbor's dog bit his leg and attacked his bike. The family cat, Tara, rushed outside and chased the dog away to protect the child. The boy's father, Roger Triantafilo, posted a video of the cat's heroic actions to YouTube this morning with the caption "Thankfully, my son is fine!"
The boy needed several stitches and is currently recovering from the attack, the boy's mother, Erika Triantafilo, told KERO-TV. She also said the dog is currently in observation regarding the attack, and Metro reports that the neighbor has voluntarily quarantined the dog. Check out the video below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
Subscribe to the Week