- Who's a bad dog? May 14
A new video proves that dogs aren't humans' only best friends.
A young boy was playing outside his home in Bakersfield, California, when a neighbor's dog bit his leg and attacked his bike. The family cat, Tara, rushed outside and chased the dog away to protect the child. The boy's father, Roger Triantafilo, posted a video of the cat's heroic actions to YouTube this morning with the caption "Thankfully, my son is fine!"
The boy needed several stitches and is currently recovering from the attack, the boy's mother, Erika Triantafilo, told KERO-TV. She also said the dog is currently in observation regarding the attack, and Metro reports that the neighbor has voluntarily quarantined the dog. Check out the video below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Paul Ryan's anti-poverty plan is another sign of life in the GOP
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
Subscribe to the Week