- Zing May 14
Bill Clinton is pretty sure Hillary didn't suffer a traumatic brain injury, as Karl Rove seemed to suggest earlier this week. And at a fiscal summit Wednesday, the former president offered a couple of zingers about the whole brouhaha.
"First they said she faked her concussion, and now they say she's auditioning for a part on The Walking Dead," he said.
And later, more to the point: "If she is [suffering from brain damage], I must be in very tough shape because she's still quicker than I am."
Well played, sir.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week