- It was worth a try May 14
Try, try, and try again.
According to Metro.co.uk, a 34-year old Serbian man has sent 5,000 messages to women on Facebook looking for a girlfriend. The bad news is that nobody is interested. Predrag Jovanovic told Huffington Post: "I got only 15 responses and they were all negative. All 15 politely refused to be my girlfriend, while the rest of them simply ignored me. When someone ignores you that is the worst thing of all".
Persistent Jovanovic vows his quest will continue, claiming he has "little other choice." He explains why he initially started looking for love online: "It is so very hard to meet women face to face these days. Those who go to bars or clubs are usually attached, those you meet perhaps by chance in the street don't want to know because they paint you as a weirdo if you try to talk to them."
If messaging 5,000 random women out of the blue on Facebook isn't working, perhaps Jovanovic should try another website. Probably a dating website, where he could message other people who are actually looking for love.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- What I learned from totally unplugging and shutting up for three days
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- What these custom, 3D-printed earphones say about the future of consumer technology
Subscribe to the Week