- It was worth a try May 14
Try, try, and try again.
According to Metro.co.uk, a 34-year old Serbian man has sent 5,000 messages to women on Facebook looking for a girlfriend. The bad news is that nobody is interested. Predrag Jovanovic told Huffington Post: "I got only 15 responses and they were all negative. All 15 politely refused to be my girlfriend, while the rest of them simply ignored me. When someone ignores you that is the worst thing of all".
Persistent Jovanovic vows his quest will continue, claiming he has "little other choice." He explains why he initially started looking for love online: "It is so very hard to meet women face to face these days. Those who go to bars or clubs are usually attached, those you meet perhaps by chance in the street don't want to know because they paint you as a weirdo if you try to talk to them."
If messaging 5,000 random women out of the blue on Facebook isn't working, perhaps Jovanovic should try another website. Probably a dating website, where he could message other people who are actually looking for love.- - John Aziz
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week