- Colbert Nationalism May 15
On Wednesday night's Colbert Report, Stephen Colbert had a hilariously terrifying segment on the inevitability of global climate change chaos. But before that, he returned to his faux-conservative critique of Pope Francis. This time, Colbert took umbrage at the suggestion from "Pope Moonbeam" on Monday that if aliens landed on Earth and wanted baptism, that would be fine. Colbert cited scripture to refute the idea of baptizing ET, but the highlight is his poking fun at everything from atheists and Presbyterians to Scientology and papal headwear. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 13 vegetarian dishes for Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week