- Colbert Nationalism May 15
On Wednesday night's Colbert Report, Stephen Colbert had a hilariously terrifying segment on the inevitability of global climate change chaos. But before that, he returned to his faux-conservative critique of Pope Francis. This time, Colbert took umbrage at the suggestion from "Pope Moonbeam" on Monday that if aliens landed on Earth and wanted baptism, that would be fine. Colbert cited scripture to refute the idea of baptizing ET, but the highlight is his poking fun at everything from atheists and Presbyterians to Scientology and papal headwear. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to survive a spaceship disaster
- How to be charismatic, according to science
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
Subscribe to the Week