- Colbert Nationalism May 15
On Wednesday night's Colbert Report, Stephen Colbert had a hilariously terrifying segment on the inevitability of global climate change chaos. But before that, he returned to his faux-conservative critique of Pope Francis. This time, Colbert took umbrage at the suggestion from "Pope Moonbeam" on Monday that if aliens landed on Earth and wanted baptism, that would be fine. Colbert cited scripture to refute the idea of baptizing ET, but the highlight is his poking fun at everything from atheists and Presbyterians to Scientology and papal headwear. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
Subscribe to the Week