- Colbert Nationalism May 15
On Wednesday night's Colbert Report, Stephen Colbert had a hilariously terrifying segment on the inevitability of global climate change chaos. But before that, he returned to his faux-conservative critique of Pope Francis. This time, Colbert took umbrage at the suggestion from "Pope Moonbeam" on Monday that if aliens landed on Earth and wanted baptism, that would be fine. Colbert cited scripture to refute the idea of baptizing ET, but the highlight is his poking fun at everything from atheists and Presbyterians to Scientology and papal headwear. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week