- Look at this May 15
In an event typically reserved for fragile marine ecosystems, as many as 10,000 gallons of oil spilled on to the streets of a northeastern Los Angeles neighborhood last night after an oil pipeline burst. KNBC-TV reports oil was seen shooting 10 to 15 feet in the sky and nearby businesses were evacuated. The fire department said in a statement the oil was even "knee high" in some areas. The oil line was quickly shut off and no injuries were reported. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
Subscribe to the Week