- Look at this May 15
In an event typically reserved for fragile marine ecosystems, as many as 10,000 gallons of oil spilled on to the streets of a northeastern Los Angeles neighborhood last night after an oil pipeline burst. KNBC-TV reports oil was seen shooting 10 to 15 feet in the sky and nearby businesses were evacuated. The fire department said in a statement the oil was even "knee high" in some areas. The oil line was quickly shut off and no injuries were reported. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Surviving a plane crash
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Stop freaking out over the West's jihadi tourists
Subscribe to the Week