- Coming Soon May 15
The second trailer for Transformers: Age of Extinction has arrived — and Optimus Prime is in a particularly cranky mood. "After all we have done, humans are hunting us," the Transformer says to Mark Wahlberg, who's taking over as "boring human protagonist" from Shia LaBeouf. "But I fear we are all targets now. This is not war. It's human extinction. How many more of my kind must be sacrificed?"
"You've got to have faith, Prime," replies Wahlberg. "Maybe not in who we are, but who we can be."
Fascinating stuff. But the real draw for this fourth entry in the Transformers franchise comes at the end of the new trailer, when a robot dinosaur arrives on the scene. Yes, there is fire-breathing robot T-Rex in this movie, and yes, Optimus Prime rides it while wielding a giant robo-sword — so it's probably safe to assume Transformers: Age of Extinction will break the bank when it arrives in June. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How I lost all my money
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ismail Kadare's 6 favorite books
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
Subscribe to the Week