- Coming Soon May 15
The second trailer for Transformers: Age of Extinction has arrived — and Optimus Prime is in a particularly cranky mood. "After all we have done, humans are hunting us," the Transformer says to Mark Wahlberg, who's taking over as "boring human protagonist" from Shia LaBeouf. "But I fear we are all targets now. This is not war. It's human extinction. How many more of my kind must be sacrificed?"
"You've got to have faith, Prime," replies Wahlberg. "Maybe not in who we are, but who we can be."
Fascinating stuff. But the real draw for this fourth entry in the Transformers franchise comes at the end of the new trailer, when a robot dinosaur arrives on the scene. Yes, there is fire-breathing robot T-Rex in this movie, and yes, Optimus Prime rides it while wielding a giant robo-sword — so it's probably safe to assume Transformers: Age of Extinction will break the bank when it arrives in June. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- The rise of the global middle class is our best hope to stop climate change
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- What I learned from totally unplugging and shutting up for three days
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- 29 adorable slang terms for sex (from the last 600 years)
Subscribe to the Week