- Coming Soon May 15
The second trailer for Transformers: Age of Extinction has arrived — and Optimus Prime is in a particularly cranky mood. "After all we have done, humans are hunting us," the Transformer says to Mark Wahlberg, who's taking over as "boring human protagonist" from Shia LaBeouf. "But I fear we are all targets now. This is not war. It's human extinction. How many more of my kind must be sacrificed?"
"You've got to have faith, Prime," replies Wahlberg. "Maybe not in who we are, but who we can be."
Fascinating stuff. But the real draw for this fourth entry in the Transformers franchise comes at the end of the new trailer, when a robot dinosaur arrives on the scene. Yes, there is fire-breathing robot T-Rex in this movie, and yes, Optimus Prime rides it while wielding a giant robo-sword — so it's probably safe to assume Transformers: Age of Extinction will break the bank when it arrives in June. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- 10 things you need to know today: November 28, 2014
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
Subscribe to the Week