- Coming Soon May 15
The second trailer for Transformers: Age of Extinction has arrived — and Optimus Prime is in a particularly cranky mood. "After all we have done, humans are hunting us," the Transformer says to Mark Wahlberg, who's taking over as "boring human protagonist" from Shia LaBeouf. "But I fear we are all targets now. This is not war. It's human extinction. How many more of my kind must be sacrificed?"
"You've got to have faith, Prime," replies Wahlberg. "Maybe not in who we are, but who we can be."
Fascinating stuff. But the real draw for this fourth entry in the Transformers franchise comes at the end of the new trailer, when a robot dinosaur arrives on the scene. Yes, there is fire-breathing robot T-Rex in this movie, and yes, Optimus Prime rides it while wielding a giant robo-sword — so it's probably safe to assume Transformers: Age of Extinction will break the bank when it arrives in June. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week