- Glorious Leader May 15
When he's not threatening to conduct a "new form" of nuclear test, North Korean leader Kim Jong-un is blowing up American tanks and riding narwhals over floating minefields. Or at least that's how Kim spends his time in teaser shots from the forthcoming retro side-scrolling game, Glorious Leader!
Moneyhorse Games claims to be developing the game for release later this year. Yet given that the company's website is empty save for mentions of this one game, and that its Twitter account and Facebook pages are brand spanking new — both went up in the past couple of weeks — I'm a bit suspicious the game is legit and not just a marketing stunt for something else. (Hi, Jimmy Kimmel?)
Yet even if Glorious Leader! never becomes a real game, we'll at least have this fun trailer of a pixelated Kim going full Contra on his foes. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- Painting the universe's portrait
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
Subscribe to the Week