- Glorious Leader May 15
When he's not threatening to conduct a "new form" of nuclear test, North Korean leader Kim Jong-un is blowing up American tanks and riding narwhals over floating minefields. Or at least that's how Kim spends his time in teaser shots from the forthcoming retro side-scrolling game, Glorious Leader!
Moneyhorse Games claims to be developing the game for release later this year. Yet given that the company's website is empty save for mentions of this one game, and that its Twitter account and Facebook pages are brand spanking new — both went up in the past couple of weeks — I'm a bit suspicious the game is legit and not just a marketing stunt for something else. (Hi, Jimmy Kimmel?)
Yet even if Glorious Leader! never becomes a real game, we'll at least have this fun trailer of a pixelated Kim going full Contra on his foes. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to survive a spaceship disaster
- Head to head: Wild vs. supermarket turkeys
Subscribe to the Week