- Glorious Leader May 15
When he's not threatening to conduct a "new form" of nuclear test, North Korean leader Kim Jong-un is blowing up American tanks and riding narwhals over floating minefields. Or at least that's how Kim spends his time in teaser shots from the forthcoming retro side-scrolling game, Glorious Leader!
Moneyhorse Games claims to be developing the game for release later this year. Yet given that the company's website is empty save for mentions of this one game, and that its Twitter account and Facebook pages are brand spanking new — both went up in the past couple of weeks — I'm a bit suspicious the game is legit and not just a marketing stunt for something else. (Hi, Jimmy Kimmel?)
Yet even if Glorious Leader! never becomes a real game, we'll at least have this fun trailer of a pixelated Kim going full Contra on his foes. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The next pandemic
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week