- Full of Secrets May 15
After more than 20 years in the Black Lodge, the final treasure trove for Twin Peaks fans is finally slated for release: A new Blu-Ray set — dubbed "Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery and the Missing Pieces" — will include 90 minutes of never-before-seen deleted and alternate scenes from the prequel film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me.
"During the last days in the life of Laura Palmer many things happened, which have never been seen before," said series creator David Lynch, who oversaw the new set. "They're here now alongside the new transfer of Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me and Twin Peaks, the television series."
The box set will hit shelves on July 29 — but if you can't wait that long, a new Tumblr promises that "more of the Twin Peaks mystery will be revealed" in the months leading up to the box set's release. Wherever these new scenes end up leading us, I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
Subscribe to the Week