- 2016 Watch May 15
Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) fired back at critics, in the wake of his recent comment disagreeing with scientists on climate change and human activity. Rubio's answer: It's the liberals who deny science — on abortion.
"Here's what I always get a kick out of, and it shows you the hypocrisy — all these people always wag their finger at me about science, and settled science," Rubio said, during an appearance Wednesday on Sean Hannity's radio show. "Let me give you a bit of settled science that they'll never admit to: Science is settled — it's not even a consensus, it is a unanimity, that human life begins at conception."
"So I hope the next time that someone wags their finger about science, they'll ask one of these leaders on the left: 'Do you agree with the consensus of scientists that say that human life begins at conception?'" I'd like to see someone ask that question. It's never asked. And that's not even a debatable thing, we can actually see that happening. I mean, that is a proven fact. And yet that's a scientific consensus they conveniently choose to ignore."
The conversation on climate change begins at just after the 9:40 mark below, Rubio's remark about human life begins at 11:05. --Eric Kleefeld
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
Subscribe to the Week