- Awkward May 15
Easing New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's (R) mind, a Thursday ceremony to dedicate the September 11 museum nixed at the last minute a performance of the song "Bridge Over Troubled Water."
Idina Menzel was scheduled to perform the classic Simon & Garfunkel tune right after Christie's remarks. But Menzel reportedly fell ill before the ceremony, so Tony Award-winner LaChanze took her place to sing "Amazing Grace" instead.
Organizers said the originally planned song wasn't meant as a jab to Christie, and that the last-minute switch also had nothing to do with the governor.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The keys to succeeding with a job recruiter
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- These real-life Rosie the Riveters changed the face of labor
Subscribe to the Week