- Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Booooooooooooooooooo May 15
Whatever you say about the first teaser for Disney's live-action Cinderella remake, you can't argue with the title: it is definitely a tease. The minute-long video depicts a rotating piece of shimmering glass, pulling back to reveal that's actually a glass slipper as the orchestra swells. Then a butterfly lands on the glass slipper. And that's it.
Cinderella won't be out until 2015 — which is presumably why this early teaser is so brief (and quite frankly, so lame) — but we do know a few things about the upcoming remake. The title role will be played by Lily James, who is best known as Downton Abbey's Lady Rose. The supporting cast includes Captain America's Hayley Atwell as Cinderella's mother, Helena Bonham Carter as the Fairy Godmother, and Cate Blanchett as the wicked stepmother, Lady Tremaine. Prince Charming will be played by Game of Thrones alum Richard Madden, so probably best not to end with a wedding this time. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Gamergate might be gaming sexism's Waterloo
Subscribe to the Week