- Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Booooooooooooooooooo May 15
Whatever you say about the first teaser for Disney's live-action Cinderella remake, you can't argue with the title: it is definitely a tease. The minute-long video depicts a rotating piece of shimmering glass, pulling back to reveal that's actually a glass slipper as the orchestra swells. Then a butterfly lands on the glass slipper. And that's it.
Cinderella won't be out until 2015 — which is presumably why this early teaser is so brief (and quite frankly, so lame) — but we do know a few things about the upcoming remake. The title role will be played by Lily James, who is best known as Downton Abbey's Lady Rose. The supporting cast includes Captain America's Hayley Atwell as Cinderella's mother, Helena Bonham Carter as the Fairy Godmother, and Cate Blanchett as the wicked stepmother, Lady Tremaine. Prince Charming will be played by Game of Thrones alum Richard Madden, so probably best not to end with a wedding this time. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week