- Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Booooooooooooooooooo May 15
Whatever you say about the first teaser for Disney's live-action Cinderella remake, you can't argue with the title: it is definitely a tease. The minute-long video depicts a rotating piece of shimmering glass, pulling back to reveal that's actually a glass slipper as the orchestra swells. Then a butterfly lands on the glass slipper. And that's it.
Cinderella won't be out until 2015 — which is presumably why this early teaser is so brief (and quite frankly, so lame) — but we do know a few things about the upcoming remake. The title role will be played by Lily James, who is best known as Downton Abbey's Lady Rose. The supporting cast includes Captain America's Hayley Atwell as Cinderella's mother, Helena Bonham Carter as the Fairy Godmother, and Cate Blanchett as the wicked stepmother, Lady Tremaine. Prince Charming will be played by Game of Thrones alum Richard Madden, so probably best not to end with a wedding this time. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- You're reheating pizza wrong
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
Subscribe to the Week