- Quotables May 15
After several days of silence (and one conspicuous visit to a jewelry store), Jay Z, Beyonce, and Solange have issued a formal statement on the instantly infamous elevator fight between Jay Z and Solange that occurred when the trio left the Met Gala.
"As a result of the public release of the elevator security footage from Monday, May 5th, there has been a great deal of speculation about what triggered the unfortunate incident. But the most important thing is that our family has worked through it," said Jay Z, Beyonce, and Solange in a joint statement at the Associated Press. "Jay and Solange each assume their share of responsibility for what has occurred. They both acknowledge their role in this private matter that has played out in the public. They both have apologized to each other and we have moved forward as a united family."
The trio also refuted reports that Solange was "intoxicated or displaying erratic behavior" on the evening in question. "At the end of the day families have problems and we're no different," said the statement. "We love each other and above all we are family. We've put this behind us and hope everyone else will do the same."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- Why insects are the future of food
- How to be charismatic, according to science
Subscribe to the Week