- Quotables May 15
After several days of silence (and one conspicuous visit to a jewelry store), Jay Z, Beyonce, and Solange have issued a formal statement on the instantly infamous elevator fight between Jay Z and Solange that occurred when the trio left the Met Gala.
"As a result of the public release of the elevator security footage from Monday, May 5th, there has been a great deal of speculation about what triggered the unfortunate incident. But the most important thing is that our family has worked through it," said Jay Z, Beyonce, and Solange in a joint statement at the Associated Press. "Jay and Solange each assume their share of responsibility for what has occurred. They both acknowledge their role in this private matter that has played out in the public. They both have apologized to each other and we have moved forward as a united family."
The trio also refuted reports that Solange was "intoxicated or displaying erratic behavior" on the evening in question. "At the end of the day families have problems and we're no different," said the statement. "We love each other and above all we are family. We've put this behind us and hope everyone else will do the same."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make corn dogs
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
Subscribe to the Week