- Quotables May 15
After several days of silence (and one conspicuous visit to a jewelry store), Jay Z, Beyonce, and Solange have issued a formal statement on the instantly infamous elevator fight between Jay Z and Solange that occurred when the trio left the Met Gala.
"As a result of the public release of the elevator security footage from Monday, May 5th, there has been a great deal of speculation about what triggered the unfortunate incident. But the most important thing is that our family has worked through it," said Jay Z, Beyonce, and Solange in a joint statement at the Associated Press. "Jay and Solange each assume their share of responsibility for what has occurred. They both acknowledge their role in this private matter that has played out in the public. They both have apologized to each other and we have moved forward as a united family."
The trio also refuted reports that Solange was "intoxicated or displaying erratic behavior" on the evening in question. "At the end of the day families have problems and we're no different," said the statement. "We love each other and above all we are family. We've put this behind us and hope everyone else will do the same."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- The U.S. dollar has been strengthening for 3 straight years! (That's not good news.)
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Why gay people of color are still losing
Subscribe to the Week