- Quotables May 15
After several days of silence (and one conspicuous visit to a jewelry store), Jay Z, Beyonce, and Solange have issued a formal statement on the instantly infamous elevator fight between Jay Z and Solange that occurred when the trio left the Met Gala.
"As a result of the public release of the elevator security footage from Monday, May 5th, there has been a great deal of speculation about what triggered the unfortunate incident. But the most important thing is that our family has worked through it," said Jay Z, Beyonce, and Solange in a joint statement at the Associated Press. "Jay and Solange each assume their share of responsibility for what has occurred. They both acknowledge their role in this private matter that has played out in the public. They both have apologized to each other and we have moved forward as a united family."
The trio also refuted reports that Solange was "intoxicated or displaying erratic behavior" on the evening in question. "At the end of the day families have problems and we're no different," said the statement. "We love each other and above all we are family. We've put this behind us and hope everyone else will do the same."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How to make classic pulled pork
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How The Killing survived two cancellations and ended on its own terms
Subscribe to the Week