- false alarm May 15
When a fast food restaurant messes up your order, you might take it back or complain to the manager. One North Carolina woman, though, really wanted to show Subway she meant business: She called 911 when they put the wrong sauce on her pizza.
Bevalante Michette Hall, 37, was charged with misuse of the 911 system after reporting the "emergency" that her "Flatizza" was prepared incorrectly. "I told them I can't eat that kind of sauce," Hall told the operator. "They made my mom another sandwich without a problem, but they won't make me a sandwich."
Rather than fixing the problem, officials arrested Hall, who was then jailed for three minutes and released on a $2,000 bond. Listen to the full call at the Gaston Gazette.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
Subscribe to the Week