- false alarm May 15
When a fast food restaurant messes up your order, you might take it back or complain to the manager. One North Carolina woman, though, really wanted to show Subway she meant business: She called 911 when they put the wrong sauce on her pizza.
Bevalante Michette Hall, 37, was charged with misuse of the 911 system after reporting the "emergency" that her "Flatizza" was prepared incorrectly. "I told them I can't eat that kind of sauce," Hall told the operator. "They made my mom another sandwich without a problem, but they won't make me a sandwich."
Rather than fixing the problem, officials arrested Hall, who was then jailed for three minutes and released on a $2,000 bond. Listen to the full call at the Gaston Gazette.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- The crusade against Iraq War supporters has forgotten someone: Hillary Clinton
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Summer movie guide: All the films you should see in August
- This week I learned the moon might be littered with dinosaur fossils, and more
- Why scientists can't kill HIV
Subscribe to the Week