- false alarm May 15
When a fast food restaurant messes up your order, you might take it back or complain to the manager. One North Carolina woman, though, really wanted to show Subway she meant business: She called 911 when they put the wrong sauce on her pizza.
Bevalante Michette Hall, 37, was charged with misuse of the 911 system after reporting the "emergency" that her "Flatizza" was prepared incorrectly. "I told them I can't eat that kind of sauce," Hall told the operator. "They made my mom another sandwich without a problem, but they won't make me a sandwich."
Rather than fixing the problem, officials arrested Hall, who was then jailed for three minutes and released on a $2,000 bond. Listen to the full call at the Gaston Gazette.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- How to make any veggie burger without a recipe
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
Subscribe to the Week