- false alarm May 15
When a fast food restaurant messes up your order, you might take it back or complain to the manager. One North Carolina woman, though, really wanted to show Subway she meant business: She called 911 when they put the wrong sauce on her pizza.
Bevalante Michette Hall, 37, was charged with misuse of the 911 system after reporting the "emergency" that her "Flatizza" was prepared incorrectly. "I told them I can't eat that kind of sauce," Hall told the operator. "They made my mom another sandwich without a problem, but they won't make me a sandwich."
Rather than fixing the problem, officials arrested Hall, who was then jailed for three minutes and released on a $2,000 bond. Listen to the full call at the Gaston Gazette.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- America is building a Sunni army in Iraq to take on the Islamic State
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- What the media gets wrong about Jeb Bush
Subscribe to the Week