- false alarm May 15
When a fast food restaurant messes up your order, you might take it back or complain to the manager. One North Carolina woman, though, really wanted to show Subway she meant business: She called 911 when they put the wrong sauce on her pizza.
Bevalante Michette Hall, 37, was charged with misuse of the 911 system after reporting the "emergency" that her "Flatizza" was prepared incorrectly. "I told them I can't eat that kind of sauce," Hall told the operator. "They made my mom another sandwich without a problem, but they won't make me a sandwich."
Rather than fixing the problem, officials arrested Hall, who was then jailed for three minutes and released on a $2,000 bond. Listen to the full call at the Gaston Gazette.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- Girls on Film: Belle is one of the most groundbreaking, joyous movies of the summer
- 4 strategies for organizing your money, based on your personality
Subscribe to the Week